COVA announces 2013-14 board of directors
The Central Oregon Visitors Association is pleased to announce the Board of Directors for FY14.
Three General Business positions were elected to two-year terms, beginning July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2015.
1. Melissa Hochschild, Vice President Communications, High Desert Museum
2. Dennis Oliphant, Owner/President, Sun Country Tours
3. Davis Smith, Operations Manager, Tetherow
Three Regional representatives were elected to one-year terms, beginning July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014.
1. Ryan Smith, Sunriver Village, representing South Deschutes County
2. Scott Huntsman, President, Black Butte Ranch representing West Deschutes County
3. Dan Despotopulos, Manager, Des. Fair & Expo representing North Deschutes County
Two mid-term Directors serving through June 30, 2014.
1. Brent McLean, Dir. Sales & Marketing, Northview Hotels & Resorts
2. Chris Otto, Manager, Seventh Mountain Resort
Five appointed Board members representing the top four transient lodging tax collectors in Deschutes County and one appointment from the Deschutes County Board of Commissioners.
1. Penny Bennington, Owner, Bennington Properties
2. Larry Browning, Owner, Discover Sunriver Vacation Rentals
3. Tom O’Shea, Managing Director, Sunriver Resort
4. Geoff Roemelt, Manager, Eagle Crest Resort
5. Tammy Baney, Deschutes County Commissioner
The Central Oregon Visitors Association (COVA) is the non-profit, Regional Destination Marketing Association serving Central Oregon since 1971. COVA is charged with the advertising and public relations to position Central Oregon as a destination for leisure, business and convention travel. Supported by member businesses and a public/private funding partnership with Deschutes County, COVA operates with an annual budget of more than $1.8 million. COVA manages tourism advertising, marketing, promotion, public relations, industry relations, special event management and a regional Housing Bureau. For more information, visit www.VisitCentralOregon.com or call 800-800-8334.