C. Oregon Music-Arts Coalition formed
We are proud to announce COMAC, a new organization developing in Central Oregon. We are uniting the Music and Arts Community in to one co-operative organization, working solely for the benefit, advocacy and support of all things music and arts related.
The Central Oregon Music & Arts Coalition welcomes musicians, artists, actors, theatrical professionals, promoters, venue owners, sound reinforcement, production companies, music store owners, educators and anyone connected to or working within our artistic community.
COMAC exists to assist the community in addressing civic leaders and law makers, offer career support and training for artists, community outreach for schools and charitable organizations, support with local events, connecting artists and musicians with each other, venues and more. COMAC is excited to be working with and advocating for, local artists and those connected to all artistic endeavors in our community. A few of the projects COMAC will focus on include:
- Forming an artistic collective to work with civic leaders/officials on the issues and conditions that affect our local artists environment and opportunities
- How artists are compensated by venues and helping them gain access to higher profile and more lucrative performance opportunities
- Working to help establish affordable local health care for artists
- Forming several collectives or co-ops where local businesses and partners offer a coalition rate on some goods and services
- Providing entertainment services to local charitable organizations
- Organizing musical/art events.
- Fundraising for COMAC and other partner organizations
- Music Education Outreach and Educator Support
COMAC are dedicated to working towards and achieving all of these goals with a positive, cooperative attitude and work ethic. Our motto is “Embrace”…..COMAC are here to EMBRACE the entirety of Central Oregon’s artistic community. Not just the performers, actors and artists but the bar and venue owners, promoters, media outlets, schools and charitable organizations as well because we know the value of art and that in Central Oregon, art touches everyone. COMAC will be holding a public meeting, inviting individuals to get involved, ask questions, share ideas and opinions in the near future.
COMAC on Facebook; www.facebook.com/CentralOregonMusicArtsCoalition
Media Contact – David Miller (541) 390-9024 email - firstname.lastname@example.org
COMAC Steering Committee
Coalition Chair/Assistant Artist Liaison – David Miller
Artist Liaison – Doug Donoho
email - Dldonoho@gmail.com
Venue Liaison – Jasmine Helsley
email - email@example.com
Media Liaison - Dori Donoho
email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Outreach Liaison - Josh Hart
email - email@example.com
Theater Liaison – Derek Sitter
email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2012 KTVZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.