Bend FD staging annual 'Santa Express'
With the downturn in the economy comes more need for support of local food banks and charities, and The Salvation Army is no different.
In 2012, The Salvation Army and Santa Express collected 3,611 lbs. of food and new clothing, 179 new toys and $147.00 in cash donations for Christmas celebration.
Anything and everything helps, even if its one can of food or a small toy, that donation will go a long ways to providing a good dinner and a nice gift on Christmas and a smile on a child’s face Christmas morning.
The Salvation Army would like to express the need for gifts to be given to teenage kids as well. Please partner with Bend Fire Department in showing the community they are not forgotten this holiday season.
Bend Fire Department’s Santa Express food and clothing drive is heading into Bend neighborhoods Monday, December 2rd through Thursday, December 5th. The Bend Firefighter’s Association and Bend Fire Department are working with The Salvation Army to collect non-perishable food items, clothing, and toys(new toys are preferred) for families in need in the Bend and Central Oregon area. Neighborhood residents are encouraged to listen for the fire engine and Santa, and bring donations to the street for collection. There will be many volunteers walking along with Santa and the fire engines to collect the donated items. Please advise children to use caution around the moving fire engines.
The Santa Express schedule is as follows:
(maps are available on the City of Bend website- www.bendoregon.gov
Monday, December 2: Morning Star, Canal View, Wishing Well and Phoenix Park
Tuesday, December 3: Providence, areas North and South of Neff Road.
Wednesday, December 4: 13th, Harmon, Albany, Milwaukee
Thursday, December 5: Larkspur, Foxborough and Elkhorn
If we don’t come through your neighborhood you can always drop off non-perishable foods, new toys or clothing to:
- Bend Fire Department Fire Stations - Boxes will be placed as of Monday November 18, 2013 and will be there until Friday December 14, 2013
- Bend Memorial Clinics – Westside on Mt. Bachelor Drive and Eastside on Neff Road
- City of Bend City Hall - 710 NW Wall St.
- City of Bend Public Works - Boyd – 62975 Boyd Acres
- City of Bend Public Works - Pilot Butte- 575 NE 15th St.
- City of Bend Police – 555 NE 15th St.
- Ed Wyse Beauty Supply – 1180 S Hwy 97 #B (They are providing discounts off of purchases with a donation through the first of December)
- Pappy’s Pizza – 20265 Fred Meyer Rd.
- Red Robin- 625 SW Powerhouse Dr.
- The Salvation Army – 515 NE Dekalb Ave.
- Starbucks – Westside on Century Dr., Downtown, across from Fred Meyers, Cascade Village Shopping Center and East side on 27th St.
- Wholesale Sports – 63492 Hunnell Rd.
Thanks ahead of time from Bend Firefighters Association, Bend Fire Department, and The Salvation Army for helping families in need this holiday season. If you need help for this holiday season with food or presents, please call The Salvation Army at 541-389-8888.