Bend Fire Department seeking volunteers
Updated On: Aug 20 2014 07:30:53 PM CDT
The Bend Fire Department is looking for individuals who would like to become a long-term member of the Bend Fire Department as a volunteer -- not to fight fires, but in a variety of other needed duties.
They said they need help in the following areas:
- Safety Outreach for Seniors (SOS). This is a program in which you will be trained to help seniors in our community stay independent in their home by showing them how to identify ways to prevent falls and fires. Background in social services, inspections, caregiving, medical or related fields helpful, but not required.
- Administration. If you would like to help out the Fire Department and you have a background in office filing, computers, graphics design, web design, etc. then we could use your help.
- Courier Service. We have a need for a backup person that would like to deliver mail to the Fire Stations, Hospital, City Hall and Training Center. Must be able to drive and sort mail. Good organizational skills important.
- Public Education and Fire Prevention. Assist with fire and life safety related programs and events. Work with children, adults and people with disabilities to promote and support fire and life safety education. This position works with the community on a continual basis to further the education and understanding of fire and life safety practices.
- Help provide incident support services to our Firefighters. Volunteer helps provide on-site support for firefighters at emergency incidents. Need someone who has previous experience in the Fire Service, Forest Service, Red Cross, Food Bank, Delivery Service, moving and related areas. Can be physically demanding.
- We provide training and uniforms. In most of these positions YOU decide what hours you work. We can usually work around YOUR schedule.
If you would like to find out more about any of the above, please contact John Love, Volunteer Coordinator, Bend Fire Department at 541-788-3190, or send email to: email@example.com