Bend
34° F
Clear
Clear
Advertisement

Candle sparks SE Prineville mobile home fire

By Barney Lerten
Published On: Jul 10 2013 01:56:23 PM CDT
Updated On: Jul 11 2013 01:44:24 AM CDT
Prineville mobile home fire

Crook Co. Fire and Rescue

Fire crews were unable to save mobile home that burned in SE Prineville late Tuesday night

PRINEVILLE, Ore. -

A fallen candle ignited a fire late Tuesday night that destroyed a mobile home in southeast Prineville, but the owner awakened and was able to escape unharmed, Crook County fire officials said.

Crook County Fire and Rescue crews responded to the fire on SE Hopi Road around 11:20 p.m., officials said.

They arrived to find no one was in the home. The owner said he had left a candle on the table. When he awakened, it had fallen against the wall and started a fire. The owner left the home and called 911, they said.

The home was a complete loss, officials said, and the owner had no insurance. They added that the fire remains under investigation and did not threaten any other structures, spreading only a bit to surrounding brush.

Fire Chief Matt Smith said the homeowner declined Red Cross assistance, saying it was his secondary home and that he has family in the area.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Advertisement