Chimney fire damages home in Powell Butte
A chimney fire broke out in a Powell Butte home Wednesday night, but the occupants evacuated safely and fire crews limited the damage, officials said.
Crook County Fire & Rescue crews responded to the fire on SW Rust Bucket Road Wednesday night around 10:15 p.m., said Fire Marshal Casey Kump.
The residents had called 911, reporting they had an attic fire, could see smoke and were evacuating the house.
CCF&R responded with two engines, two water tenders and two staff vehicles for a total of 12 firefighters. Redmond Fire & Rescue responded with one structure engine and three firefighters.
Kump said the fire was contained to the attic and a chimney chase that ran up along the back of the two-story house. The fire's origin area was in the chimney chase, and several structural members in the attic were damaged.
The fire did not displace the home's residents, but damages were estimated at $15,000.
Copyright 2013 KTVZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed