C.O. Boys and Girls Clubs receive bank grant
Umpqua Bank on Monday announced the 20 organizations and schools selected to receive $2,500 grants from Umpqua’s $50,000 Good Deed Fund, which was generated through “good deed” pledges community members made in Umpqua stores and on its Facebook page.
The beneficiaries -- located throughout the company’s footprint of Oregon, Washington, Nevada and California -- were nominated by their communities.
“Every day, nonprofits and schools are hard at work serving our communities in meaningful ways, as shown by the hundreds of submissions we received during the ‘Help Us Give’ campaign,” said Nicole Stein, Umpqua Bank’s vice president of community responsibility. “At Umpqua, we share the same passion for these local groups that our customers and communities do. Our Good Deed Fund grants celebrate organizations the communities we serve are passionate about and we’re pleased to support their important work.”
Between Nov. 21 and Dec. 2, community members nominated nonprofit organizations and schools for Good Deed Fund grants. The resulting winners, chosen at random from every organization that met Umpqua Bank’s grant-giving guidelines to each receive a $2,500 grant, are as follows:
- Bellview Elementary – Ashland, Ore.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Oregon – Bend, Ore.
- Children's Advocacy Center of Jackson County – Medford, Ore.
- Disability Resources, Inc. – Reno, Nev.
- Douglas County Cancer Services – Roseburg, Ore.
- Eugene-Springfield Youth Orchestras – Eugene, Ore.
- LWC An Enrichment Program for Girls – Tuolumne County, Calif.
- Mi Casa Education, Inc. – Butte County, Calif.
- Multi-Service Center – Federal Way, Wash.
- North Coast Preparatory and Performing Arts Academy – Arcata, Calif.
- Placer Land Trust – Auburn, Calif.
- Potluck in the Park – Portland, Ore.
- Project Open Hand – San Francisco, Calif.
- Seattle Children's PlayGarden – Seattle, Wash.
- Senior Gleaners – Sacramento, Calif.
- Sonora Elementary – Sonora, Calif.
- South Albany High School – Albany, Ore.
- Trinity High School – Weaverville, Calif.
- Children's Home Society, Triple Point project – Vancouver, Wash.
- Uprise Books Project – Vancouver, Wash.