Bend
45° F
Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
Advertisement

Redmond garage-shop fire traced to oily rags

Published On: Aug 24 2013 08:44:33 PM CDT
Redmond Fire Truck

REDMOND, Ore. -

A fire in a southwest Redmond detached garage-wood shop Saturday afternoon was caused by spontaneous combustion of oily rags improperly disposed of in a garbage can, investigators said.

Redmond firefighters were called around 3:20 p.m. to the garage fire at a home at 1040 SW 15th Street, said Fire Marshal Traci Cooper. They arrived to find black smoke coming from the garage door of a two-door garage, she said.

Crews were able to quickly extinguish a fire burning inside at a plastic garbage can and surrounding materials, Cooper said, adding that there were no injuries reported.

Losses were held to $250.


Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Advertisement