Redmond kitchen fire causes $35,000 damage
A grease fire on a stove Friday evening caused about $35,000 damage to a southwest Redmond home, but police wielding fire extinguishers kept it from being even worse, fire officials said.
The fire was reportedly shortly before 6 p.m. at 1619 SW Obsidian Avenue No. 21, said Redmond Fire Marshal Traci Cooper.
Redmond police kept the fire from spreading by using fire extinguishers, Cooper said, and arriving firefighters put it out.
Copyright 2014 KTVZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed