Remember the tragic case of Chance, the dog who was severely injured and taken in by BrightSide Animal Center in July? Thankfully, he now is recovering well and healing. Chance is one of the sweetest, friendliest, happiest dogs you can meet. And he is a pit bull mix. Who could be a better ambassador for the breed?
Chance, a pit bull mix, reminds us dogs of this strong breed can be friendly, people-loving companions.
October is national Pit Bull Awareness Month. In support of Chance and all the pit bulls and bully breeds that wind up at shelters, BrightSide Animal Center is having a “Pit Stop” to promote better understanding of pit bulls.
Simply go to any of BrightSide’s retail partners, below, in October and pick up a brochure on understanding pit bulls. While you’re there, drop in a donation in support of local pit bulls like Chance. Consider adopting one.
Make a “Pit Stop” at these participating retailers to learn more about the breed and donate to our cause:
- Sno Cap Restaurant, 153 NW 6th St.
- Silverleaf Market, at Eagle Crest Resort, 1522 Cline Falls Hghway
- Pappy’s Pizza, 1655 N Highway 97
- Seventh Street Brew Pub, 855 SW 7th St.
- Postal Connections, 915 SW Rimrock Way, Suite 201 (near Ray’s Food Place)
- Big R, 3141 U.S. Highway 97
- Supercuts, 946 SE Veterans Way, Suite 101 (in Fred Meyer complex)
- Redmond Veterinary Clinic, 1785 N. Highway 97
- Sisters Feed & Supply, 102 E. Main Ave.
- Sno Cap Restaurant, 380 W. Cascade Ave.
- Sisters Drug & Gift, 211 E. Cascade Ave
- Ski Inn, 310 E Cascade Ave.
- Sunspot Restaurant, 8100 U.S. Highway 97