Ridgeview 'Mr. Raven' pageant aids cancer center
Updated On: Mar 21 2014 03:47:34 PM CDT
Ridgeview High School’s Mr. Raven pageant held on Saturday, March 15 raised a total of $13,721 for the St. Charles Cancer Center.
The event featured 10 Ridgeview High School male senior student contestants who each had a female assistant. Each contestant was expected to participate in fundraising activities held over the course of the last few months. Contestants were judged on several categories including talent, formal wear, performance at the Judge’s Dinner and their participation in fundraising events.
Mr. Raven student contestants and their assistants were as follows:
- Zach Dyck, Assisted by Natalie Ulum
- Gabe Payne, Assisted by Shelby Abbas
- Austin Row, Assisted by Claire Wright
- Nate Kandle, Assisted by Jordan Hamilton
- Vaughn Robinson, Assisted by Kourtney Wellette
- Caleb Ronhaar, Assisted by Hayley Branaugh
- Colin Ronhaar, Assisted by Lexy Roberts
- Coleman Aamodt, Assisted by McKailey Price
- Chase Bennett, Assisted by Rhian Sage
- Phelan Lund, Assisted by Kaci Sage
Ridgeview Senior Zach Dyck was crowned Mr. Raven at the end of the pageant. Dyck will participate in the Mr. Central Oregon contest scheduled for March 28 at Bend High School.
“It is so inspiring to see the next generation actively involved in their community and in philanthropy,” shared Lori Slaughter, senior philanthropy officer with St. Charles Foundation. “These amazing young people took time to learn about the important issue of cancer in our community, which makes the effort they put into fundraising much more meaningful. We are very grateful for the partnership with Ridgeview High School.”
The students and staff at Ridgeview High School would like to thank BWI, Tim Stevens Plumbing and Pole Barns for their sponsorship and support of the first annual Mr. Raven pageant. For questions or more information, please contact Lee Loving, Principal of Ridgeview High School, at 541-504-3600.