Bend
41° F
Clear
Clear
Advertisement

Report: 2 charged after new White House lockdown

Published On: May 08 2014 02:24:47 PM CDT
Updated On: May 08 2014 05:37:35 PM CDT
White House Generic File 3

Larry Downing / Reuters

WASHINGTON -

The White House was on lockdown Thursday afternoon because of another security breach, the Secret Service told The Associated Press.

It was the second time in three days that the building had been locked down.

Two people were charged after throwing something over the White House fence, the Secret Service told the AP. One threw a cassette tape and another threw papers, agents said.

Both were charged with throwing objects or other missiles, the AP reported.

On Tuesday, a driver followed a motorcade bringing the president’s daughters through the White House gates. He was charged with misdemeanor unlawful entry, the AP said.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Advertisement